Perplexing pizza to keep ghouls busy
If you're catering for a few hungry little monsters on Halloween, this dish could be the perfect go-to for teatime.
It takes just 20 minutes to prepare and uses tasty, fresh ingredients which will satisfy even the grumpiest of little ghouls and ghosts.
Everyone can help themselves and tear off a slice or two. But, will they guess that this 'perplexing pizza' is in fact made from pasta?
TAKES 60 minutes
200g dried spaghetti
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion
300ml reduced fat crème fraiche
3 large Fairburn's eggs
50g Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
265g jar bolognese sauce
25g pitted black olives, sliced
75g piccolo tomatoes, halved
50g chargrilled peppers in oil, drained
1/2 x 125g pack mozzarella, sliced
Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4
- Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions, drain and set aside Meanwhile, fry the onion in olive oil for 8 mins until soft, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the crème fraîche, eggs, Parmesan and oregano. Season with black pepper and stir in the spaghetti.
- Grease a shallow 24cm ovenproof dish and add the mixture.
- Spread with the bolognese sauce and top with sliced olives, tomatoes, peppers, sliced mozzarella, and some more black pepper.
- Bake for 40 mins, or until firm in the centre.
- Garnish with a few basil leaves to serve.