A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
This warming treat puts a Lincolnshire twist on a classic curry by infusing sausage and mash with Indian spices. Even the paste is local, made by Mr Huda in Scunthorpe.
8-12 Lincolnshire Quality sausages
2 medium onions
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1/2 to 1 tsp chilli paste, lazy chilli or 1 chopped green chilli
1 tsp garlic puree or 1 garlic clove
5 tsp Mr Huda's Universal curry paste
1.5kg (2lb 3oz) potatoes for the mash
1/2 tsp dried cumin
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Knob of butter
Heart of Gold rapeseed oil for cooking
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5. Place the sausages on a baking sheet or dish. Take one of the onions, peel it, then cut it into wedges and place them on the baking sheet with the sausages. Cook for approximately 35 to 40 mins or until both the sausages and onions are golden brown.
2. Peel and dice the other onion and add to a pan with the rapeseed oil and cook until it begins to soften. Once softened add the chilli, garlic and the tin of chopped tomatoes. Simmer gently until there is very little liquid left in the pan and then add Mr Huda's Universal curry paste.
3. Remove from the heat. You can either leave this sauce chunky or you can pop it in a liquidiser for a smoother finish. If you liquidise it return it to the pan when done and warm gently until required.
4. Peel the potatoes, place in a pan of boiling water with a little salt and cook until soft. When cooked, drain and add a small knob of butter, the cumin and the coriander and then mash.
5. Place the mash on a plate or in a large pasta style bowl, put the sausages on top and then pile the onions on top of that. Finish off by pouring the sauce over the whole lot.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.Confirm