Meat-free chilli (ve)
A vegan take on a family favourite, this chilli is super quick and easy to make! 🌶
- 1 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 400g can Co-op red kidney beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 400g can black beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 400g can Co-op Italian chopped tomatoes
- 400ml vegetable stock, made with 1 gluten-free, vegan stock cube
- 200g long grain rice
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges, to garnish
- 4 tbsp dairy-free coconut yogurt alternative
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onion, celery and pepper for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften.
- Add the paprika, cumin and cinnamon, cook for 1 minute, then stir in the kidney beans, black beans, tomato and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Stir in the lime juice, then serve topped with the coconut yogurt, coriander and chilli, with lime wedges and rice on the side.