Make your own Mr Peckington
Mr Peckington - the festive penguin - is so easy to make and will keep you busy in the run up to Christmas! It'll look great hanging from your tree or on the window sill!
What you'll need:
- An empty egg carton - the cardboard type not plastic
- Black paint
- White felt
- Yellow felt
- Googly eyes
- Glue - preferably one that works well on fabric
What to do:
- Take your egg carton and cut one of the pods off and turn it upside down - this will be your penguin body!
- Paint the body completely black, including the inside if you want to hang it from your tree and then leave it to dry
- Once dry, carefully cut out an oval shape from the white felt and glue this onto the front of the pod
- Next, carefully cut out a triangle for a beak and a crown shape for the feet, from the yellow felt
- Stick your beak onto the white felt pointing downwards
- Stick you feet to the inside edge of the pod, so they are sticking out the front
- Finally, stick two googly eyes above your beak
You can also make different characters, such as Santa and his reindeer, using the same method - just switch the colour of your paint and felts!