Make your own candy cane decorations
These candy cane decorations look good enough to eat but are so simple to make...why not make your own to decorate your room or the fireplace? Tinseltastic!
What you'll need:
- Cardboard - the cereal box kind works better than paper card.
- Red tinsel
- White or silver tinsel
- Glue or sellotape
What to do:
- First, take your card and draw a candy cane shape on it - it can be as big as you like - just make sure you have enough tinsel though!
- Carefully cut out the shape with your scissors. If your card isn't very thick, you might need to cut two identical shapes and glue them together so it's a bit thicker.
- Next, take your red and white/silver tinsel and entwine them around each other so you've got the candy cane pattern - then wrap this all the way around your cardboard - make sure it's completely covered and if you have enough tinsel go around it a few times to make it nice and full.
- Stick down the two ends and hide them underneath the tinsel so you can't see them sticking out or the glue.
Ta dah - you're candy canes are ready to go on show! If you want to hang them up - you can glue a loop of ribbon or string to the top of the cardboard - hiding the ends underneath the tinsel again.