A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
It's the countdown to party season! Try these homemade mac and cheese bites - they're the perfect finger food to please your guests, Plus, they feature a delicious cheese from our Love Local range too.
1. Cook the macaroni according to the pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
3. Stir in the milk and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Cook until you have a smooth, thick sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese, mustard, gammon, spring onions and cooked macaroni. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Tip onto a plate and leave to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 180ºC/fan 160ºC/Gas 4. Lightly oil each section of two 12-section non-stick, mini-cupcake trays. Spoon a dessertspoonful of the macaroni mixture into each section. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and extra cheese, if desired, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Leave to cool for a few minutes to firm up. Carefully lift out with a round-bladed knife and serve warm.
TIP: The mac and cheese mixture can be prepared up to one day in advance. Just spoon it into a plastic box and chill.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.Confirm