Layered chocolate pud (V)
Love is in the air! Lust after this layered chocolate pud this Valentine’s Day – a quick and easy dessert idea to help you impress your guests. The Gadsby’s brownies paired with double cream are a match made in heaven…
SERVES 6 TAKES 15 minutes
400g Co-op mini chocolate chip brownies or Gadsby’s brownies, crumbled
2 x 100g bars Co-op Irresistible milk chocolate, broken into squares
100g bar Co-op Irresistible white chocolate
450ml double cream
2 tbsp toffee sauce (optional)
1. Set aside a small handful of brownie crumbs for the top of the puds, then divide the brownies between the bases of 6 serving glasses.
2. Melt the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan half-filled with barely simmering water. Don’t let the water touch the base of the bowl or the chocolate will overcook. Alternatively, microwave on High 100% for 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir the custard into the bowl of melted chocolate until well combined, then divide the chocolate custard between the serving glasses and chill.
4. Place the white chocolate and 3 tbsp double cream in a heatproof bowl and melt as before, stirring once or twice. Remove from the heat as soon as the chocolate has melted and leave to cool.
5. Whisk the remaining double cream until it forms soft peaks. Beat a few spoonfuls into the white chocolate to loosen it up, then fold in the rest. Divide the white chocolate cream between the serving glasses and then scatter the reserved brownie crumbs over the top. Spoon over the toffee sauce and serve, or chill for up to 3 hours.