A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
Love is in the air! Lust after this layered chocolate pud this Valentine’s Day – a quick and easy dessert idea to help you impress your guests. The Gadsby’s brownies paired with double cream are a match made in heaven…
SERVES 6 TAKES 15 minutes
400g Co-op mini chocolate chip brownies or Gadsby’s brownies, crumbled
2 x 100g bars Co-op Irresistible milk chocolate, broken into squares
100g bar Co-op Irresistible white chocolate
450ml double cream
2 tbsp toffee sauce (optional)
1. Set aside a small handful of brownie crumbs for the top of the puds, then divide the brownies between the bases of 6 serving glasses.
2. Melt the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan half-filled with barely simmering water. Don’t let the water touch the base of the bowl or the chocolate will overcook. Alternatively, microwave on High 100% for 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir the custard into the bowl of melted chocolate until well combined, then divide the chocolate custard between the serving glasses and chill.
4. Place the white chocolate and 3 tbsp double cream in a heatproof bowl and melt as before, stirring once or twice. Remove from the heat as soon as the chocolate has melted and leave to cool.
5. Whisk the remaining double cream until it forms soft peaks. Beat a few spoonfuls into the white chocolate to loosen it up, then fold in the rest. Divide the white chocolate cream between the serving glasses and then scatter the reserved brownie crumbs over the top. Spoon over the toffee sauce and serve, or chill for up to 3 hours.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.Confirm