Key lime & elderflower pie
Refreshing and zingy, a wonderful summery treat to have all year round!
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
ChilL 3 hours (minimum)
- 210g Hobnob biscuits, halved
- 75g butter, melted
- 3 large Love Local egg yolks
- 397g can condensed milk
- 4 limes, finely grated zest and juice
- 3 tbsp Belvoir Elderflower Cordial
- 150ml double cream
- 100ml Co-op Greek Style Yogurt
- Extra lime slices and zest, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/ Gas 3. Put the biscuits in a food processor and blend until they look like breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until mixed.
- Tip into the base of a 20-23cm fluted flan tin and, using the back of a metal spoon, press evenly up the sides and across the base. Bake for 10 mins, before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Put the egg yolks in a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Add the condensed milk and whisk for 2 mins or until smooth and fluffy. Whisk in the lime zest and juice and 2 tbsp elderflower cordial. Whisk for 2-3 mins or until fluffy.
- Pour into the biscuit base and bake for 20 mins or until set to the touch. Leave to cool, then chill for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the tin and stand on a serving plate. Whip the cream, yogurt and remaining cordial together, until soft peaks form, then spoon over the pie.
- Decorate with lime slices and zest just before serving.
TIP: You can make the base in advance – it gets better the longer it is chilled. Keeps for up to 2 days – just add the topping before you serve!