Jalapeño macaroni cheese (V)
Spice up dinner time with a twist on the classic mac 'n' cheese...
SERVES 2 TAKES 20 MINUTES
50g Co-op British cauliflower
40g Co-op British purple sprouting broccoli, halved
25g Co-op unsalted butter
1 tbsp Co-op plain flour
300ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
1/2 tsp mustard
50g Lymn Bank Heart of Lincolnshire cheese, grated
6 Co-op British piccolo tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp jalapeños, chopped
- Cook the macaroni according to the pack instructions, adding the veg to the pan for the last 2 mins of cooking.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan and add the flour, stirring for 2 mins, until thick. Gradually whisk in the milk, and continue to simmer until you have a creamy white sauce.
- Stir in the mustard and half the grated cheese, then season to taste. Add the pasta, veg and tomatoes to the pan and stir together.
- Spoon into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the jalapeños, the rest of the cheese and paprika.
- Cook under a hot grill for 6-8 mins, until the cheese is bubbling and golden.