It's National Grandparents Day!
Hooray, it's Grandparents Day on Sunday 4th October 2020 - the perfect day to tell them how much they mean to you - whether they're near or far 👴👵
Some people might not be able to see their grandparents in person, so why not send them a virtual hug instead, with our super easy activity 🤗
What you'll need:
- Card that's big enough to fit both your hands on - it can be plain card or coloured card
- Colouring pens
- Hole punch - optional
- A pencil
- Some string - any colour
- Some paints - if you want to colour your card in
What to do:
- Draw around both your hands on the piece of card using a pencil 👐
- Carefully cut both of the hand shapes out - you might need an adult to help you with this ✂️
- Once you've cut them out, you can either draw something lovely onto the hands or write a nice message - make it nice and colourful too! 🎨
- Once you've finished painting, drawing and writing and it's dry, make a little hole at the bottom of the thumb on each of your cardboard hands - the easiest way would be to use a hole punch, but if you don't have one of these, you can carefully make a little hole using your scissors - again you might need help from an adult with this ✂️
- Measure your string so it's about a meter long 📏🧶
- Thread one end of your string through one of the hand holes and tie a little knot 🔗
- Thread the other end of your string through the other hand hole and again tie a little knot 🔗
- This should leave you with the two hands attached to the string but approximately a meter apart.
That's it, you're special gift is ready to go - you can now send this off to someone special and they can use it to have a virtual hug with you on Grandparents Day.