A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
Christmas isn't just about the turkey, create this dinner party show stopper with local sausages to switch things up this festive season.
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/fan 160ºC/Gas 4. Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Tip into a mixing bowl and add all the other ingredients, except the bacon and honey. Season with salt and pepper before squishing together with your hands until well mixed.
3. Cover a baking sheet with foil then parchment. Place one bacon rasher horizontally at the top of the sheet then layer the others underneath in vertical lines, overlapping slightly.
4. Shape the meat mixture into a fat sausage and place on the centre of the bacon. Use the paper to help roll the ingredients into a log shape, then remove the paper and wrap the log in the foil.
5. Stand the roll on the baking sheet, seal the foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove wrapping, brush honey over the bacon and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon has crisped. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Cut into 1cm-wide slices and serve warm.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.Confirm