Homemade raspberry syrup
Does your family like a flavoured coffee every now and again...well you can treat them to this homemade syrup to brighten up their brew! We're going to make raspberry syrup...
What you'll need:
- Clean, empty bottles - glass preferably but you can use plastic, just make sure they're not too big.
- Gift tag
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
What to do:
- In a small pot heat your water and sugar on a low/medium heat - keep stirring it until the sugar has disssolved. Be careful though as this will become very hot.
- Mash up the raspberries in another bowl and then stir them into the syrup you've just heated up.
- Allow this mixture to stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer so you don't get any large raspberry pieces stuck in your syrup.
- Then, pour the mixture into your bottles
- Finish by tying a little ribbon about the bottle neck and adding a gift tag to say what kind of syrup it is.