Halloumi veggie burgers (V)
Fire up the barbecue and grill up a storm with these moreish halloumi burgers.
Serves 4. Prep 25 mins, plus marinating. Cook 8 mins
- 250g packet of halloumi, sliced into 8
- 200g sweet potato, cut in 0.5cm thick slices (optional)
- 3 tbsp Lincolnshire Drizzle Company sweet chilli dressing
- 2 tbsp Just Like Your Grannies chutney
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- ½ lime 1 red pepper, deseeded and quartered
- 4 Gadsby’s white rolls , sliced in half
- Large handful of salad
1. Put the halloumi and sweet potato (if using) in a bowl, drizzle over most of the dressing and leave for 15 mins.
2. Put the chutney, mayonnaise and avocado in a bowl. Add a squeeze of lime, season well and mash together with a fork.
3. Cook the pepper and sweet potatoes on the BBQ or grill for 3-4 mins each side, or until lightly charred and tender. Cook the halloumi for 1-2 mins each side or until golden.
4. Lightly toast the buns, then spread bases with avocado. Top with salad, sweet potato, red pepper and halloumi. Drizzle over the remaining dressing, top with lids. Serve.