Halloumi curry (V)
Spice up your Monday evening with this delicious halloumi curry.
SERVES 4 READY IN 45 MINUTES
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g pack halloumi, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 1 heaped tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ heaped tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Co-op British cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 ½ tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 400g cans Co-op chopped tomatoes
- 400ml Co-op coconut milk
- Cooked Co-op basmati rice, to serve
- Handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the halloumi for 4-5 mins, until golden all over. Set aside. Add the onion and cook for 4-6 mins, until it starts to soften.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger and spices, then the cauliflower, tomato purée, tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer for 20-25 mins on a medium heat.
- Stir the halloumi through the curry to warm through, then serve on the rice, garnished with the coriander.