Halloumi and mint cake (V)
Calling all the halloumi lovers out there… Take your love of the squeaky cheese to the next level and recreate this halloumi and mint cake.
SERVES 10 TAKES 1 hour 20 minutes
- 100ml Co-op olive oil, plus a little extra for greasing
- 4 eggs from the Love Local range
- 150ml Co-op British semi-skimmed milk
- 50g Co-op Fairtrade clear honey
- 2 tsp dried mint
- 225g Co-op halloumi, chopped
- 250g self raising flour
- 50g Co-op sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4.
- Grease and line a 1-litre loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the oil, milk, honey and dried mint, then stir in the chopped halloumi.
- Carefully fold in the flour and sultanas, until you have a loose batter, then pour into the tin.
- Bake for 50 mins to an hour, until risen and golden, and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool before slicing and serving.