Fairtrade gluten free chocolate banana bars
Celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight and go banana's for these chocolatey treats that are sure to be a winner with all the family.
Serves 8. Ready in 25mins. Vegetarian and gluten free.
- 2 ripe Co-op Fairtrade bananas
- 1 large Co-op British egg
- 50g Co-op Fairtrade cocoa powder
- 20g Co-op milk chocolate buttons (Fairtrade), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Grease a 20cm x 20cm cake tin and line with greaseproof paper
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until smooth, then whisk in the egg
- Gradually add the cocoa and mix until smooth, then stir in the chocolate buttons
- Pour the mixture into the tin and even out the top
- Bake for 15 mins, allow to cool in the tin, then remove and cut into 8 bars
This recipe is super easy to make with the kids - we've got lots of activities and recipes on our junior member website that will keep your little ones busy.
Do you know someone that is under 15 years old and would love to be a junior member? Sign them up at junior.lincolnshire.coop today - they get lots of treats and access to fun activities.