Festive cake pops
Be top of the pops with these festive cake pops! They'll brighten up any party table and they make lovely homemade gifts for friends, teachers or visitors too.
To make 6-8 cake pops
- 100g Co-op Irresistible dark chocolate
- 100g Co-op Irresistible milk chocolate
- 125g fruit cake
- 125g Madeira cake
- Lollipop sticks
- Co-op Irresistible white chocolate
- Your choice of fondant or writing icing
- Cake sprinkles
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble the fruit cake and Madeira cake into a bowl, then stir in the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Roll golf-ball sized pieces of the mixture into balls. Put a lollipop stick into each ball and set aside in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove the balls from the fridge and dip them into the chocolate until fully coated.
- Set aside in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, until the chocolate has set.
- Now, it's time to get inventive. To create 'Christmas pudding' pops, melt some white chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, and partially dip the balls to create an 'icing' effect. Alternatively, you can make your pops look festive with fondant holly leaves, Christmas trees, cake sprinkles or writing icing.