Fairtrade banana and choc chip cookies
We're celebrating Fairtrade Fortnight and what better way to mark it than by whipping up a tasty batch of soft and squishy cookies packed with Fairtrade goodness? They're quick and easy enough to make with kids, so get the whole family involved.
Makes approx. 36
You will need:
•220g plain flour
•1/2 tsp baking powder
•A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
•1/4 tsp salt
•100g Fairtrade caster sugar
•35g dark brown sugar
•1/2 tsp vanilla essence
•125g mashed Fairtrade banana
•175g chocolate chips or chopped up Fairtrade chocolate
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C.
2. Sieve together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, caster sugar and dark brown sugar. Beat in egg.
4. Stir in vanilla essence and mashed banana.
5. Then fold the rest of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
6. Drop a spoonful of the mixture at a time onto a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper.
7. Bake in the oven for 11-13 mins or until golden.
8. Take out of the oven and leave to cool - why not pop one into your little one's lunchbox for a tasty Fairtrade treat?