A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
We're celebrating Fairtrade Fortnight and what better way to mark it than by whipping up a tasty batch of soft and squishy cookies packed with Fairtrade goodness? They're quick and easy enough to make with kids, so get the whole family involved.
Makes approx. 36
You will need:
•220g plain flour
•1/2 tsp baking powder
•A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
•1/4 tsp salt
•100g Fairtrade caster sugar
•35g dark brown sugar
•1/2 tsp vanilla essence
•125g mashed Fairtrade banana
•175g chocolate chips or chopped up Fairtrade chocolate
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C.
2. Sieve together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, caster sugar and dark brown sugar. Beat in egg.
4. Stir in vanilla essence and mashed banana.
5. Then fold the rest of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
6. Drop a spoonful of the mixture at a time onto a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper.
7. Bake in the oven for 11-13 mins or until golden.
8. Take out of the oven and leave to cool - why not pop one into your little one's lunchbox for a tasty Fairtrade treat?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.Confirm