Easter chick eggs (V) (GF)
What a tweet these fun chick eggs would be for Easter breakfast!
Plus you can make them using locally sourced eggs such as Fairburn's Eggs,, which you can find in our Love Local range in our food stores.
- 4 eggs - why not try some from our local suppliers Fairburn's Eggs
- 2 tsp low-fat mayonnaise
- Small piece of carrot
- 2 handfuls watercress or other salad leaves
- Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 9 mins
- Drain, plunge into cold water for 1 minute and peel off the shells
- Carefully cut a zigzag pattern around each egg just above the middle and pull off the top
- Scoop all the yolks into a bowl and mix with the mayonnaise
- Sit the eggs in egg cups and spoon the egg mayo back in, then pop the lids on top
- Cut beak and eye shapes out of the carrot and stick into the mayo
- To serve, scatter salad leaves around the plate to look like grass