Dutch baby pancake (V)
A tasty twist on your traditional Yorkshire pudding. This fluffy treat oozing with berry goodness and juicy flavours is perfect for breakfast, lunch or tea, we won’t judge!
SERVES 4 PREP 10 MINUTES COOK 30 MINUTES
- 4 Fairburn's eggs from our Love Local range
- 130g Co-op plain flour
- 170ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 20g Co-op unsalted butter
- 150g Co-op British blueberries
- 1 tbsp local honey from our Love Local range
- Juice of half a lemon
- 200g Co-op 0% fat Greek style natural yogurt
- 4 tbsp Co-op lemon curd
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, to dust (optional)
1. Put a 20cm ovenproof frying pan in the oven to heat up while you prepare the batter.
2. Whisk the eggs, flour, milk and sugar together in a mixing bowl to make a batter.
3. Using oven gloves, remove the frying pan from the oven, add the butter and swirl until it melts.
4. Pour in the batter and return the pan to the oven for 20-25 mins, until the pancake has puffed up and is golden.
5. Leave to cool for 10 mins.
6. Meanwhile, put the berries in a saucepan with the honey and lemon juice.
7. Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins, swirling the pan occasionally, until you have a syrupy sauce.
8. Put the yogurt in a bowl and fold in the lemon curd, to give a marbled effect, then dollop in the middle of the pancake.
9. Top with the blueberry sauce, then dust with icing sugar, if you like.