Cruising with confidence
Sail away to your dream destination and beyond on a cruise of a lifetime. Our expert colleagues can help you find your perfect holiday. From sailing through the Mediterranean, across to the Caribbean or even up and around Iceland - wherever you want to sail to, our teams can help.
Understandably, a lot of people will be apprehensive about travelling on a cruise ship due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. But we want to reassure you, cruising is a safe way to holiday.
How are cruises ships keeping you safe?
To ensure the safety of you and their staff, cruise operators have strict measures in place. To ensure a safe and clean environment you can expect to find the following procedures:
- Enhanced medical screening at check in including temperature checks.
- Face coverings to be worn in corridors and theatres.
- One way systems in busy areas.
- A switch from buffet restaurants to seated dining with table service, waiters will be wearing masks/face shields.
- Some operators may offer free room service.
- Minimum distances between tables in the theatres, show lounges, bars and restaurants.
- Staggered entry into some facilities such as spas, pools and kids clubs with a limited number of people allowed at any one time.
- Repeat performances of live shows for smaller audiences with spaced out seating.
- Some cruise operators may introduce mandatory Covid tests as part of their cruise packages.
Are cruise ships clean and safe to travel on?
Cruise ships are cleaned and sanitised on a frequent basis and even more so since the outbreak of Covid-19. Below you can find some ways operators are keeping you and colleagues safe.
- There are hand sanitising stations throughout the ships - you will have to sanitise and wash your hands before entering restaurants, leisure facilities etc.
- High contact touch points like hand rails are cleaned and disinfected on a frequent basis.
- Public areas are cleaned regularly.
- The ship is a controlled environment, no one can wander in from outside, making a cruise a very safe form of international travel for holidaymakers.
- Social distancing measures will also be in place onboard.
Still not sure? Check out MSC Cruises' guide to cruising at the moment and get ready to feel inspired...
If you have any questions about cruising now or in the future, our travel colleagues will be more than happy to help answer them.
We're currently offering appointments over the the phone, via video call and you can also email them too.
Find the contact details of your local branch here.