A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
You don't have to wait until Christmas day to enjoy some festive food, these scrumptious sides make the perfect accompaniment to your weekly roast!
CRANBERRY AND SAUSAGE STUFFING BALLS
SERVES 12 TAKES 50 minutes plus cooling time
2 tbsp Ownsworth’s Rapeseed Oil
½ onion, peeled and finely chopped
450g Mountain’s Boston Sausages
2 tbsp Co-op cranberry sauce
1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
35g fresh breadcrumbs (about 1 slice)
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the onion over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until softened. Pop the onion into a large bowl and heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 while they cool.
2. Remove sausage meat from skins and add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, except the remaining tbsp of oil and mix everything together well.
3. With damp hands, roll the stuffing mixture into 12 even-sized balls and place them on a baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
SERVES 4-6 TAKES 45-50 mins
500g carrots, peeled and halved lengthways
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp marmalade
1 tbsp orange juice
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Small handful parsley, finely chopped
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
2. Toss the carrots with the oil and roast in the oven. Meanwhile, mix together the marmalade, orange juice and garlic with
a little salt and pepper.
3. After 15 minutes, remove the carrots from the oven and toss with the marmalade mixture, then return to
the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
Scatter with parsley to serve.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.Confirm