Stuffing balls and roasted carrots
You don't have to wait until Christmas day to enjoy some festive food, these scrumptious sides make the perfect accompaniment to your weekly roast!
CRANBERRY AND SAUSAGE STUFFING BALLS
SERVES 12 TAKES 50 minutes plus cooling time
2 tbsp Ownsworth’s Rapeseed Oil
½ onion, peeled and finely chopped
450g Mountain’s Boston Sausages
2 tbsp Co-op cranberry sauce
1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
35g fresh breadcrumbs (about 1 slice)
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the onion over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until softened. Pop the onion into a large bowl and heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 while they cool.
2. Remove sausage meat from skins and add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, except the remaining tbsp of oil and mix everything together well.
3. With damp hands, roll the stuffing mixture into 12 even-sized balls and place them on a baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
SERVES 4-6 TAKES 45-50 mins
500g carrots, peeled and halved lengthways
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp marmalade
1 tbsp orange juice
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Small handful parsley, finely chopped
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
2. Toss the carrots with the oil and roast in the oven. Meanwhile, mix together the marmalade, orange juice and garlic with
a little salt and pepper.
3. After 15 minutes, remove the carrots from the oven and toss with the marmalade mixture, then return to
the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
Scatter with parsley to serve.