Coronation chicken skewers
Summer is on the horizon. Kick off the warmer months with these delicious coronation chicken skewers.
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 200g Co-op 0% fat Greek style natural yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 600g pack Co-op British chicken breast fillets, cut into 1cm strips
- 3 tbsp lighter than light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Co-op mango chutney
- 100g Co-op mixed leaf salad
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- You will also need 8 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water
- In a large bowl, mix 100g of the yogurt, the lemon juice, 1 1/2 tbsp of the curry powder and the chopped coriander.
- Season, then add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Leave to marinate for at least 20 mins.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Stir together the remaining yogurt and curry powder, the mayo and mango chutney to make a dip, then spoon into a jar and chill until needed.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers and spread out on a grill pan.
- Cook for 6-8 mins, turning halfway, or until cooked through.
- Toss together the mixed leaves, cucumber and red pepper.
- Serve the skewers scattered with the spring onion and extra coriander, with the salad and dip on the side.