A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
Treat your friends and family to a classic, zingy lemon tart that's sure to become a firm favourite.
SERVES 8 PREP 15 MINUTES COOK 50 MINUTES
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C /fan 180°C /Gas 6.
2. Keeping the pastry on its paper, give it a few extra rolls to make sure it's wide enough to fit a 20cm flan tin.
3. Carefully ease the pastry into the tin, pressing it gently into the corners.
4. Prick the base with a fork, line with grease proof paper and fill with baking beans or dry rice.
5. Bake for 10 mins, then remove the paper and baking beans or dry rice.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 170°C /fan 140°C /Gas 3 and return the pastry for another 8-10 mins until light golden.
7. Meanwhile, put the eggs, cream and sugar into a large bowl.
8. Add 100ml of the lemon juice and whisk gently until just combined, being careful not to over whisk.
9. Stir in the lemon zest.
10. Pour into the pastry case and cook for 25-30 mins or until just set. Leave for at least 20 mins and dish it up warm or wait until cold and then chill to serve later.
11. Serve dusted with icing sugar, if you like.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.