A problem has occurred
We're sorry but a problem has occurred. The developers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.
Impress your nearest and dearest with this delicious citrus cake, topped with a gin glaze 🍊🍰
SERVES 8-10 Ready in 1hr 30 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C/Gas 3. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Sift together the flour, almonds and baking powder. Whisk together the golden caster sugar, oil, rinds, yogurt and eggs. Beat mixture into the flour.
2. Pour into the tin and bake for 45 mins. Cover loosely with foil and bake for a further 15 mins or until well risen and when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave in tin and stand on a cooling rack.
3. Meanwhile, put the sugar and 80ml water in a small pan and dissolve over a low heat. Bring to the boil and bubble for 3-4 mins or until syrupy. Cool for 5 mins, then stir in 4 tbsp gin and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
4. Pierce the top of the cake all over with a skewer and drizzle over half the gin syrup. Leave for 10 mins, then spoon over the remainder.
5. Mix icing sugar with the remaining gin and 1 tbsp orange juice and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the cake. Serve warm or leave to cool.
TIP Add colour and zest to this cake by scattering with strips of pared orange peel before serving.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies ensure our core functionality works, such as signing into your membership account and keeping our website secure.
We also use analytics cookies to help us make improvements to our website experience by evaluating how visitors use the site. You can manage these cookies by clicking the below button.
We use necessary cookies to enable core functionality on our website such as security, network management and for our membership area to work. You may choose to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
To help us continue to improve our website, we’d like to use Google Analytics cookies which will provide us with information on how you use the site. These cookies collect general behaviour information and doesn’t directly identify anyone. More information on how these cookies work can be found on our cookies page.Confirm