Chocolate-dipped meringue kisses (V)
These easy to make melt in the mouth meringues are the perfect treat to make for someone special.
SERVES 20 Ready in 1hr 30 mins
- 2 free range egg whites from our Love Local range
- 200g Fairtrade caster sugar
- ¼ tsp pink food colouring paste
- 75g Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade 70% cocoa dark chocolate, broken into pieces
You’ll also need a disposable piping bag with a 1cm nozzle
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C/fan 100°C/Gas ½. Beat the egg whites with an electric whisk or stand mixer until they are double in size and forming stiff peaks. Add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, continuing to whisk until you have glossy, thick peaks.
2. Load the nozzle into your piping bag. Paint the pink food colouring in a stripe on the inside of the bag, then fill with the meringue mixture. Twist the top and secure with a clip.
3. Hold the bag vertically over a lined baking tray. Gently squeeze, pulling it up and away, to create a small meringue peak. Repeat to make 20. Bake for 1 hour, then leave to cool on the baking tray.
4. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water; don’t let the bowl touch the water. Remove from the heat, then carefully dip the bottom of the meringues in the melted chocolate and put on a lined baking tray until cold. Store them in an airtight container until ready to serve.