Chicken tikka salad
Make your friends and family envious of your lunch with this flavourful recipe. The kick comes from tikka paste from Love Local producer Mr Huda’s.
SERVES 4 TAKES 10 minutes to make and 15-20 minutes to cook
- 4 tbsp Mr Huda's Tikka Marinade Paste
- 8 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 4 tbsp sultanas
- 8 tbsp Ownworth's Rapeseed Oil or olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 x 70g packets rocket
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- Mix the tikka paste with the yoghurt in a shallow dish. Add the chicken breasts and turn over to coat in the tikka yoghurt. If you have time, cover and marinate in the fridge (you can leave it overnight if making the night before).
- Pour 2 tbsp boiling water from the kettle over the sultanas and leave them to plump up while you are making the salad.
- Heat a frying pan and add half of the oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for a few minutes or until just soft. Remove with a draining spoon and set aside.
- Add the chicken and cook for 12-15 minutes, turning over at least once, or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate or board, cover with foil and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salad dressing by mixing the remaining oil with the lime juice and zest and honey. Season to taste.
- Mix together the rocket, tomatoes, chickpeas and feta, and divide between four plates. Drain the sultanas and add to to the plates with the onion. Slice and add the chicken, drizzle with dressing and serve.