Chicken, broccoli and pesto kebabs
New Year new you? Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring, cook up these healthy chicken kebabs flavoured with delicious pesto and fresh cherry tomatoes.
SERVES: 4 PREP: 10 MINS (Plus soaking and marinating) COOK: 10 MINS.
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in boiling water for 30 mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 tbsp pesto
- 400g broccoli, cut into medium florets
- 150ml Co-op Greek-style yogurt
- Spray oil
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 4 pittas
- Salad leaves
- Chop each chicken breast into 8-10 even pieces. Place in a bowl with 4 tbsp pesto and the broccoli florets, and stir will to coat. Leave to marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Stir the remaining pesto into the yogurt, spoon into a serving bowl and chill until required.
- Thread the chicken and broccoli onto the skewers. Give each skewer a couple of pumps of spray oil before cooking the kebabs on a hot grill for 8-10 mins, turning frequently and spraying with extra oil if required. Cook the tomatoes for 6-8 mins, turning occasionally.
- Warm the pittas on the grill. Split them open and fill with your favourite salad leaves, pesto chicken and handful of tomatoes, plus a good drizzle of pesto yogurt.