Cauliflower fritters with sweet chilli dip
An extra that makes a festive meal feel truly special ✨
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 15 MINS
- 550g small cauliflower florets
- Vegetable oil for deep fat frying
- 80g plain flour
- 40g cornflour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Large handful fresh chopped coriander (optional)
- 150ml sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Cook the cauliflower florets in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 5 mins. Drain well. Tip onto kitchen paper to absorb the excess water and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 170°C or in a pan until a piece of bread turns golden in 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the plain flour, corn flour, baking powder, paprika, salt, turmeric, coriander (if using) and 150ml cold water to a thick smooth batter. Fold in the cauliflower florets until well coated.
- Use a slotted spoon to drop the battered cauliflower into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 mons until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and keep warm while you prepare the remaining fritters. Serve immediately with the sweet chilli dipping sauce.