Carrot and sweet potato crisps (VE)
Looking for something, quick, healthy and vegan to snack on? Look no further than these easy carrot and sweet potato crisps.
SERVES: 2 READY IN: 20 minutes
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 x 170g pack Co-op red pepper houmous
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/Gas 7.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice long strips down the length of the carrot and place in a bowl.
- Cut the sweet potato into quarters lengthways, then again peel long strips and add to the carrot.
- Dry the slices using a clean tea towel, then drizzle over the oil and cumin. Toss to coat evenly.
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper. Lay the carrot strips on one and the potato strips on the other.
- Bake for 8-9 mins until crisp, keeping a close eye on them, so they don't burn. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with houmous.